KidZania CounZil Terms & Conditions
Selection rounds for KidZania Mumbai CongreZZ 2017 - 2018
Personnel from KidZania and / or Organizers who are responsible for the overall conduct of the Selection
Children from 7 years to 12 years of age who participate after being registered by their Parent or Guardian.
Registrants (Parent or Guardian)
Parent shall mean the natural parent of the Participant being his or her biological Father or Mother. Guardian shall mean such Guardian as appointed by a District Court under the relevant provisions of the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890. Any other claim for Guardianship shall have to be established by way of proper documentation and Selection Management shall have the sole discretion to decide about allowing such Participants.
Participants who are shortlisted by Selection Management for Selection Rounds.
Any registration form supplied from time to time by the Organizers and which Participants and Parents / Guardians are required to complete and sign in connection with the Selection for the purpose of participation.
Any studio/facility/location as decided by the Organizers where the Selections take place.
A group of persons appointed by Selection Management from time to time to evaluate the Participants for Selection.
Immediate family members
Includes parents, spouses, siblings and children and those connected by birth, adoption, marriage, civil partnership, or cohabitation, such as grandparents, grandchildren, siblings-in-law, half-siblings, adopted children and step-parents/step-children, and cohabiting partners.
Terms and conditions (“T&C” or “Terms”)
These terms governing the Selection, as may be amended from time to time by the Selection management
Refers to KidZania, Inc., its subsidiaries, franchisees, officers, employees and agents
- By participating in the Selection, Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Terms.
- These Terms may be modified without any prior notification. Participant is advised to regularly review these Terms. If there is any disagreement with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, Participant must not participate in the Selection.
- Any child who is aged 7 – 12 (i.e. aged 7 years but not above 12 years) as on September 15, 2017 is eligible to participate in the Selection
- Registration form should be reviewed, approved and signed by the Registrants being the Parent or Guardian of the Participant.
- Children of immediate family members of KidZania, sponsors and partners of the Selection are not allowed to participate in the Selection.
- The final eligibility for Shortlisting for Selection will be subject to the discretion and approval of Jury.
- Participation in the Selection is subject to defined terms and conditions available on website www.kidzania.in
- The call for entries for the Selection will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries.
- Registration forms will be available on the website www.kidzania.in (to be printed out) and at the KidZania facility.
- Participant can register for the Selection in either of the following ways;
a. by completing the registration form duly signed by the Parent/Guardian and then submit the signed registration form at the KidZania facility.
b. by completing the registration form duly signed by the Parent/Guardian and email the scanned copy
- Registrant needs to enter all information points on the Registration Form
- Shortlisted Registrants (Parent / Guardian) need to carry with them the following documents for valid name proof (any one of the following):
§ PAN Card
§ Voter ID or
§ Driver’s License
- The Participant needs to carry with them the following documents if shortlisted for the Selection Rounds for valid name and age proof (copy of any one of the following):
§ Birth certificate
§ Child’s school identity mentioning the date of birth
Originals of the above may have to be produced for verification purpose only.
- The Shortlisted Participant will need to carry the original document and 2 attested photocopies of each document. All the above mentioned documents must be in Hindi or English only. These documents need to be submitted at the venue at the time of Selection Rounds.
- Incomplete registration forms shall not be considered
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
- Selection Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Selection or its ceremony or any part of its processes on account of any factors beyond its control.
- All mandatory fields of the registration form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Entries will be accepted in English language only.
- Photocopies of the proof of identity of Participant and Parent / Guardian, certificates, accolades and other material submitted for each entry should be made available to the Selection management on a nonreturnable basis.
- Disqualification of entries/Shortlisting is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case by case basis
- If at any time, during the Selection process or post the Selection, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be disqualified from the Selection.
- Selection Management or team appointed by Selection Management will try to contact the Participant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate on the contact information provided in the registration form.
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation
- If entries are received for participation, it is assumed that the person sending in the entry has provided us with permission to send SMSs to or call him / her, whether or not such sender is registered on the National Do Not Call registry. Selection Management and/or its authorized agents, affiliates and representatives will use their reasonable efforts to contact the Parent(s) / Guardian(s) of the selected Participant(s), but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if the Participant(s) cannot be reached again in the event the call gets dropped or disconnected.
- Valid entries as decided by the Selection Management from the Registrants received at the KidZania facility will be informed by SMS & Out bound dialer call on the number used for / provided during registration as per the details available with the Selection Management
- Selection Management shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Registrant(s) is unable to participate in the Selection process due to failure in delivery of the confirmatory message/ call.
- Selection Management is not responsible if the out bound dialer call is not successful due to:
- Line being busy
- No answer received
- Poor call conditions / unclear reception
- Number engaged
- Call drop
- Other reasons that could render a call unsuccessful or terminate it.
- Selection Management and its agents, affiliates and representatives will use their best efforts to contact the selected Registrants, but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if the Registrants cannot be reached by SMS and by Out bound dialer call in the two attempts each made by the Selection Management.
- Selection Management will attempt to inform the Registrant about his/her selection at least 2 days prior to the subsequent round Selection for which he/ she has been shortlisted. This shall be done on a best effort basis.
- The Participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Selection Management to use the data gathered during and/or the Selection in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of KidZania and KidZania shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without KidZania’s brand.
- Selection Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Selection. Further, Selection Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Selection.
- In the event the Shortlisted Participant is not available on the dates of the Selection Rounds, the Participant will not be permitted to participate.
- Registration does not guarantee the selection or participation of the Registrant in the Selection Rounds and such selection shall be as per the sole discretion of Selection Management. The Registrant and his Parent(s) / Guardian(s) shall not question the selection process and/or non-selection of the Participant and/or the selection of any other Participant.
- Selection Management shall not be held responsible to verify the identity of the Parent / Guardian of the Participant. No claims / queries in respect of the same shall be entertained. In case of any doubts / queries with respect to the same, the Selection Management may, without providing any notice and reason, disqualify the Participant from participating in the rounds of the Selection.
- Any entry made by the Registrants is not transferrable in case of any other child/children of the Registrants other than the Participant whose details have been entered.
- Timelines are subject to change based on on-ground conditions, degree of participation, technical issues, force majeure reasons, etc.
· Registrants, if qualified for the subsequent rounds will be invited to attend at a location and time specified by the Selection Management for the purpose of bringing the Participants to participate in the Selection Rounds. It is anticipated that the Selection Rounds will take place in Mumbai but could also take place at such other place and/or location as may be designated by the Selection Management
- The Shortlisted Participants accompanied by the Registrants will have to be present at the allotted Selection venue on the date and time allotted to such respective Participants along with the documents and photographs required (both in original and photocopy) and provide the same to the Selection Management at the registration desk. Inability to provide the Selection Management with the registration number at the registration desk could result in a possible disqualification from the Selection.
- If the Selection dates are during school term times, it is the responsibility of the Registrants to obtain confirmation of authorized leave of absence during school term times for the Participants from the school and/or local authority. Selection Management will not be liable where the Registrants do not obtain such authorization for their Participants.
- In case the Shortlisted Participant appears at the Venue without his / her Parent / Guardian being the Registrants, Participant shall not be allowed to enter the Venue and shall stand disqualified.
- Subject to completion of formalities as prescribed by Selection Management , the Participants will have to go through one or more rounds of personal interviews, groups discussions etc.
- This could be video recorded for Jury evaluation for further rounds.
- The number of Shortlisted Participants to be selected and the number of Selection Rounds to be conducted shall be at the sole discretion of the Selection Management.
- Shortlisted Participants must ensure that the Participants maintain the decorum of the Selection venue. Further, the instructions of the Selection Management shall be adhered to strictly. Any Registrant or Shortlisted Participant who acts in contravention to the instructions of the Selection Management or creates nuisance either to the Selection Management or to any other person, shall immediately be disqualified from participating in the Selection Rounds.
- The decision of the Selection Management in connection with the Selection Rounds including but not limited to short listing the Participants will be final and binding and is non-disputable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the Shortlisting/Selections, the decision of the Selection Management shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- KidZania or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant.
- KidZania shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Selection and shall have no claims whatsoever against the KidZania relating to the selection process or the running of the Selection.
- All cost incurred for participating in Selections is to be solely borne by Registrant(s) on behalf of the Participants and the Selection Management shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
- Selection Management shall not entertain any request by the Registrant(s) or the Participant for change in the dates and venues of the Selection Rounds.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions in this Agreement, the Selection Management may, at its sole and absolute discretion, cancel or reschedule the Selection Rounds, or hold additional Rounds on such other dates and at such places as it may determine and the Participant(s) shall adhere to and abide by any and all instructions, requirements and timing stipulations as determined by the Selection Management and shall attend at any and all such additional Rounds.
- Cameras and photography by the Participant will not be permitted at the Venues.
- All Selections will be subject to such timing stipulations and requirements as may be determined by the Selection Management. Selection Management makes no representations, warranties nor provides any undertaking to any of the Participant that any or all of the Participant will be able to perform or Selection (whether before the Jury or otherwise) at the time and/or place in accordance with the invitation for Selection Rounds. Selection Management shall not be liable nor responsible for any damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise suffered by any of the Participants in the event that the Management is not able to permit the Participants to Participate in accordance with any of the foregoing provisions.
- Selection Management will have no liability to Registrant(s) if his child being the Participant is unable to attend or take part in the Selection for whatever reason and the Management shall be entitled to disqualify the Participant(s), replace any such Participant(s) from the Selection at any time, at the discretion of the Selection Management.
- All attempts will be made to protect registration data from loss and corruption, but in the event such data loss happens, and because of the intricate timelines of the Participant selection process, Selection Management may have to continue with whatever data is available or in any other manner as it may deem reasonable.
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of any of the Selection ceremonies, any information provided by any Participant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Selection and the monetary emoluments provided to the Participant under this Selection, if any. Selection Management may also take penal action against the Participant for providing false information to participate in the Selection
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Selection Management.
- Parent / Guardian on behalf of the Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Selection and agree to the Terms and Conditions and agree that the Participant is competent (i.e. Participant are of mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on Participant.
- Parent / Guardian and Participant understands and agrees that merely participating in this Selection does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
- Participant warrants and represents to the Selection Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or the partners of Selection Management including Selection Management for consideration for the Selection are solely owned by the Selection Management and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the KidZania entities (in India or abroad), and the Selection Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- Participant must enter the Selection at their own will and the Selection Management are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Selection or any event prior to or following the Selection.
- Participants for the purpose of entering the Selection, automatically grants KidZania a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Selection, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Selection and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the KidZania website in any display format selected by KidZania during the Selection or use by KidZania as it deems fit.
- The Selection Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the T&C of the Selection at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Selection, the Selection being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- Should a Participant wish to withdraw from the Selection, kindly inform Selection management in writing at any time up to one week prior to the final Selections.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Selection shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai.
- The Participants indemnify KidZania, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Selection and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Selection Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Selection, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse KidZania for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. KidZania shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- Decision of Selection Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- In the event these Terms do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Selection, the same will be concluded on by the Selection Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Selection Management and deemed necessary.
- The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for KidZania to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with KidZania.
- The decision of KidZania in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
- Selection Management may, at its discretion contact the Registrant(s), if required, for any clarifications needed for the information provided in the registration.
- Selection Management has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the Selection.
- In case there is any mismatch of details in any round of the Selection, the Participant(s) may be disqualified from further participation in the Selection, if Registrant is unable to resolve discrepancies.
- All personal details and information requested by and supplied to the Selection Management by each Registrant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Selection Management reserves the right to disqualify any Participant(s) from the Selection in its sole discretion, should the Registrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should at a later stage it is found that the details so provided are incorrect or misleading.
- None of the Participants shall, without the prior written approval of the Selection Management, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Selection Rounds or any aspect of the Selection or write blogs, post any messages in social networking, messaging applications or any site including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter. The Participant(s) shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Selection Management to any other party. Violation of this clause shall immediately disqualify the Participant’s prospects of further participation.
- The Participant(s) shall at all times keep confidential the selection process and all details regarding the Selection which he/she might be informed of or which he/she might learn or come to know of as a Participant(s) or as a short listed potential candidate.
- As part of Participants’ contribution to the Selection, the Selection Management may request Registrant(s) to allow Participant(s) to participate in any online/interactive activity relating to the Selection including without limitation recordings of web-casts, interviews and participation in so-called ‘chat-rooms’ under the strict parental guidance and monitoring by the Registrant(s). It is a further condition of entry and participation in the Selection that Participant(s) ensure and procure from any and all Registrants and their child being the Participant(s) their agreement and execution of the Release Form as devised from time to time by the Selection Management.
- Registrants shall ensure that the Selected Participant(s) shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Selection Management and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“Promotional Activity”) of any nature whatsoever without any monetary compensation. Further, the Registrants shall ensure that the Selected Participant(s) shall cooperate with the Selection Management for any Promotional Activity as required by the Selection Management.
- The Registrants agree that the copyright and all other intellectual property right in any audio visual content of the winner Participant(s) or their performances shall vest with the Management, for worldwide and in perpetuity. The Registrants agree and acknowledge that the performances of the Participant(s) are incidental to the Selection and are not in any way the lead performances determining the success or failure of the Selection.
- Any photographs, videos, etc. recorded by the Selection Management during the Selection or registration procedure shall on submission / creation become the property of the Selection Management and shall be available to the Selection Management for exploitation throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the Registrant(s) constitutes permission for the Selection Management its affiliates and Selection Management to click photographs, record videos of the Participant(s) and use the name, photographs, voice and comments of the Participant(s) for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever.
- There is no registration fee to participate in the Selection. The only way to participate in the Selection is through the defined processes of registration and Selection announced by Selection Management. Any person claiming otherwise is defrauding/misleading you.
- The Registrant(s) shall undertake, warrant and guarantee to the Selection Management that the Registrant(s) has the full legal capacity to participate in the Selection in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- By registering for the Selection, the Registrant(s) represents that Participant(s) is medically fit and do not have present or past psychological ailments. If in the past Participant(s) has had any psychological ailments or have been under medication for any psychological, anxiety, hypertension, depression or any other medical problems, the same shall be disclosed to the Selection Management by the Registrant(s) in writing along with a copy of the certificate from a qualified medical practitioner declaring Participant(s) to be fit for participation in the Selection.
- The Registrant(s) represent that neither he/she has not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offence and/or is not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary which has not been disclosed to the Selection Management in writing nor has the Participant(s) been involved in any case under Juvenile Justice Act, 2000. Registrant(s) represent that the Participant(s) is /are not required to be present before any authority including police or any court of law during the shooting dates informed by the Selection Managent and has no other disability which would prevent his/her participation in the Selection or the Selection (if selected).
- The Registrant(s) acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to allow the Participant(s) to participate in the Selection at his / her free-will and is willing to bear all risk, costs & consequences arising from such participation in the Selection.
- Participant(s) will not be confirmed as Participants for the Selection if they are suffering from any kind of ill health, medical problems (viz.: heart ailment, blood pressure ailment, final stages of pregnancy, etc.). It is the responsibility of the Registrant(s) to ensure that the Participant(s) are medically fit for participation. Nevertheless the final decision regarding their participation in the Selection rests entirely with the Selection Management.
- It is a condition of entry and participation in the Selection that Registrant(s) to ensure the availability of the Participant(s) to participate in the Selection, and Registrant(s) to agree and sign up the Participation Form and abide by terms and conditions as devised from time to time by the Selection Management including but not by way of limitation the Selection terms and conditions.
- In the event of any dispute concerning the operation of any element of the Selection or these Selection terms and conditions, the decision of the Management will be final.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Terms and conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- Taking part in the registration process shall be deemed to be acceptance by the Registrant(s) to receive promotional messages from the Selection Management or any third party so authorized by the Selection Management.
- The Selection Management has the right at any time to terminate the Selection without any prior intimation or notice to the public and also the Selection Management is not obligated in any manner whatsoever to compensate any person or persons including the Shortlisted Registrant(s) who have participated in the Selection and/or accommodate any person or persons who have been selected in the Selection for the Selection.
- The Selection Management of the Selection is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
- Registrants shall notify the Selection Management immediately if there are any criminal charges brought against you or if any information you provide in your application becomes inaccurate between now and the date of first transmission of the Selection
- Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Selection or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Selection, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the kidZania e mail ID
KidZania shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto.
- The website is only an informational website www.kidzania.in (the “Website”) for the Selection.
- KidZania shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration.
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Participant accessing the Website;
- Selection Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this online information/registration portal may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Selection Management entities reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Registrant acknowledges and agrees that the Selection Management, their agencies, web masters/suppliers, contractors and vendors are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible submissions or for failure to receive submissions due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, with the Selection Management entities or otherwise, that may limit a Registrant’s / Participant’s ability to participate in the Selection.
- The Selection Management is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Registrant(s) / Participant(s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to the Selection.
- The Selection Management will not be responsible for any loss / theft of belongings of the Participant(s) on the sets of the Selection/Studio, before/during/after the shoot of the Episodes/Selection, or at the time of the Selection.
- The Selection Management or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Registrant(s) arising as a result of participation of the Participant(s) in the Selection or the Selection , if selected
- Selection Management and its sub-contractors cannot and shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Selection on account of any factors beyond their control.
- KidZania, the Producers, Judges, the advertising agencies, the sub-contractors used by KidZania for the Selection, and any person or entity connected with the production (including the format owners and the broadcasters of the Selection), administration or judging of the Selections, the Selection or the Selection (the “Relevant Parties”) shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Registrant(s) in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Registrant(s) or the Participant(s) arising from or pursuant to the Selection or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant(s) or Registrant(s) at any stage of the Selection and during production thereof whether or not caused by (1) the administration (including scheduling) of the Selection including any failure of transportation or inability for any reason to appear for the Selection/before the Judges; (2) the Participant’s or any third party’s participation in the Selection, or being selected or disqualified; (3) as a result of the decisions of the Judges or Selection Management; (4) as a result of any comment, remark, judgment, view, criticism, critique, opinion and/or observation made and/or passed by the Host / Judges and/or Selection Management; and/or (5) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the Selection. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Relevant Parties expressly exclude liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to the Selection. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will the Relevant Parties be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Registrant(s) or Participant(s); or circumstances beyond the Relevant Parties including the Selection Management reasonable control.