What Is KidZania?
KidZania Safety and Security Standards
KidZania has more than 18 years of experience in running safe and secure edutainment theme parks cross 24 cities in 19 countries. These include multiple locations in Americas, Europe, Japan, Korea, Middle East and Asia. KidZania has hosted over 60 Million visitors since its inception in 1999.
KidZania is an indoor, temperature controlled place with high quality air monitoring and filtration systems. Child-safety measures are integrated into the planning and building of all KidZania facilities to ensure that the operation, safety, and experience of KidZania are in line with the highest global standards.
RFID Security bracelets
- On arrival at KidZania, both child and accompanying adult will receive a bracelet to wear around their wrist with a UHF & a VHF radio frequency antenna and mapped to a high-end software developed as an integral part of a security system. Using this feature, the child's bracelet is linked to the adult’s bracelet, so that they always know where their children are.
- Parents once connected with RFID bracelets, can track and locate each kid inside KidZania, drop messages for them, and even ensure their child cannot exit KidZania without being matched to them.
- Teachers once connected with RFID bracelets, can ensure that no student can leave the facility without authorization, and also can use it to drop messages for students.
- Our employees will only remove the bracelet with adult authorization through a specialized system at the end of their visit.
- A team of professional and highly trained guards from reputed agencies man various parts of the facility including: all entry and exits, emergency exits and strategic places. All our guards are subject to mandatory police verification.
- We have a certified in-house safety and security officer.
- Adults cannot enter KidZania on their own unless they are accompanying kids.
Highly Trained Team
- There is a trained Emergency Response Team.
- All of our Supervisors undertake specific professional training courses that cover:
- KidZania “Do Not Touch” policy,
- Early Childhood training,
- First-Aid training,
- Health & safety training,
- Fire safety training,
- Emergency evacuation training,
- All our Supervisors are subject to mandatory police verification for criminal records check.
Control Room & CCTV cameras
- The complete facility is monitored by 190 CCTV cameras, which are placed in strategic locations across the center and linked to the Building Management System for the safety and security of our visitors.
- From the design stage, CCTV system is centralized and controlled from a secured Control Room, in which all signals from CCTV cameras, Public address system, fire alarms and access/exits are controlled.
- Additionally, all our establishments are built in a way that parents and teachers get to observe the children participating in the various activities within the establishment via glass walling.
- We have fire extinguishers placed throughout the facility along with smoke detectors, heat detectors, beam detectors, aspirational air samplers, fire hydrants, automated sprinkler system and an addressable fire panel system. Evacuation plans are available throughout the facility for quick access.
- KidZania has a dedicated first aid center that is manned by qualified doctors and nurses from reputed hospitals.
- In addition, key frontline employees are trained in the provision of first-aid and carry basic medical kits with them at all times.
- Outside food is not allowed inside the facility.
- All our F&B point of sale partners have FSSAI certificates. We also conduct food audits and provide for food sampling to school & group bookings.
Specially abled kids:
- Our staff and facilities can accommodate children with special needs and disabilities. A guardian or parent will be allowed to accompany children with special needs and assist them in doing the activities.
- There are elevators for transferring from floor-to-floor. The comfort rooms in the facility are compliant with the Accessibility Code.